1. AFAM Business Initiative
Within the priority assignments undertaken by the association, an AFAM Business Initiative (ABI) branch has been formed. ABI looks toward strengthening African and Japanese business relationships as well as providing support to African business and in developing budding business ideas of Africans within the Tohoku Region.
Under this initiative, collaboration between ABI and Kakehashi Africa Tohoku branch has been formed to launch a business initiative program starting 2018 within the Tohoku region which aims to assist the development of business relationships between Africin the Tohoku region and Japanese enterprise operating in the region through internship program.
- To link Japanese enterprise with African enterprise and businessmen operating in the Tohoku Region.
- To match a select few of African scholarship recipients to suitable companies for an internship.
2. AFAM Global Poverty Initiatives (AGPI)
This is another priority assignment undertaken by AFAM in line with the achievement of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The SDGs pledge that “Leave no one behind” through the implementation process and AFAM wants to be part of the process.
Under this initiative three major tasks will be addressed.
- AFAM will seek funding from organizations and individuals and also organize concerts and similar events to raise money to support AGPI.
- The funds will be used to support registered NGOs in Africa who have distinguished reputation of working towards poverty reduction in Africa.
- Part of the funds will also be used in expediting access to quality education in Africa by sponsoring the implementation of computer education to underprivileged children in the Junior Secondary School (JSS), which forms the core of basic education.